Passion plays a vital role in our lives. It invigorates us, inspires us, and identifies our goals.
Passion has been defined as a powerful emotion, a boundless enthusiasm, excitement, fervor, fire, zeal, and a boundless intensity. For centuries artists, authors, and lovers have attempted to define, diffuse, and display it. Most of us can agree on one thing – it is a driving motivation, often uncontrollable, uncontainable, and unmanageable.
Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The key word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.
You have to find your passion, and then follow it. Listen to your heart.
- Find a quiet place to slow down, relax, meditate
- Listen to your heart, focus on what touches you, excites you, inspires you
- Explore those things that interest you, drive you, stimulate you
- Think about those things that you like to do, talk about, think about
- Recall the dreams and the desires of your youth
- Make a list of 5 things that you want
- Make a list of 5 things you would do if you knew you couldn’t fail
- Make a list of 5 things you are good at
- What would you do to make a better life for yourself, for others
- What would you regret never having done, accomplished
What are the things that you can’t get out of your head? The ones that nag at you? Creep up into your subconscious and demand to be heard, recognized, and validated?
Ponder these things. Examine and explore your possibilities. Find your driving force. Your purpose. Your passion. Then go for it!
By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
Nikos Kazantzakis (1885-1957) Greek writerRead More